Saturday 4 October 2014

Hound Tor Pt 1

Friday night I travelled into Dartmoor with Jon
 and Rod and slept in the shadow of Hound Tor,
 had dreams of waking up and crushing a year long
project but nature had other plans..
I awoke to 18-30mph winds and heavy rain that lasted
 until 11am, the rain stopped after I did an hour long
 rain dance to Alborosie but I couldn't stop the wind..
Feeling like a pack of wet dogs we decided the bigger project
could wait and found a mini spire to rig and even then the wind
made it almost impossible to stand up..
Defeated we decided to de-rig and head home but for a second the
wind stopped and the sun started shining so I had one last attempt,
 soon as I stood up I realised I hate whippers and catches so bagged
 a send and we all went home happy..

'Sontaran Spire'
 16m long.. 5m high..

Inspiration for the line name comes from the British science fiction
television series Doctor Who as it was the location for
the episode 'The Sontaran Experiment'.

No comments:

Post a Comment